Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      David Sibley
      Participant

I’m offering the Yough Week of coaching/river running again this year. Dates are Sunday August 8 until at least Thursday August 12. Depending on who goes it can be guided/instructional trips to gain mastery of the river, or just river trips. I’ll commit to Monday – Thursday and I’m sure there will be trips on the previous weekend and Friday into the second weekend. I also plan to do a scouting hike on Sunday.

Last year it was scheduled as a club training event but due to COVID related rules this was canceled. Some of us went out there anyway. We’ll try to do it one way or another but of course there’s uncertainty about the virus situation.

If it’s a club training the fee to WTC will be $20. per day (M-Th) plus ACA event fees if you are not an ACA member. Hopefully other people will take some vacation time and camp / paddle / bike / hike /sightsee even if they are not in the training group. This has been a fun time for us to gather (outdoors!)

I just reserved a cabin at Benner’s (724-329-4097) for that week. The nice electrified tent sites are #441-444 and one of them already has a reservation for 2 of the weekdays, so get going! Cancellations are accepted until 30 days before check in. http://www.bennersmeadowrun.com

Sign up preference is to WTC members. Sign up by emailing me: dcsibleyATcomcast.net
      See you there!

Jack Frankosky
      Participant

In.

David Sibley
      Participant

Update: Based on sign ups, this will not be a formal training, but a week of kayaking with friends. Not a club trip. For anyone who wants to practice/ learn the river better, there will still be guidance. Lots of skilled paddlers coming! Please email me if your plans have changed, or if you are interested and you haven’t yet told me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account