Welcome to the WTC Pool-Sessions
Pool closure due to inclement weather will be published about 7am via Forum and Facebook.
Check in Policy
Please see the WTC Pool Coordinators on the pool deck upon arrival.
Pool sessions are on designated Sundays December through March from 8:30am to 10:30am. Check-in may begin at 8:15. Please have all boats completely out of the pool area before 10:45am.
Please make sure your boat is clean and airbags removed before putting it in the pool. A hose IS NOT available for boat cleaning at the pool, so your boat must be clean when you arrive!! Boats that are not cleaned will not be permitted to be used in the pool. Helmets and PFD’s must be worn when in the pool.
Some club boats and equipment are available for rent but there is not any storage at the facility, so arrangements must be made in advance. Seasonal rental rates are available.
Membership Requirements / Fees
- $10 for participants that are currently WTC and ACA members
- $15 for participants that are currently WTC members, but not ACA members
- $15 for participants that are currently ACA members, but not WTC members
- $20 for participants that are not currently members of either WTC and/or ACA
- $5 for certified ACA instructors and members of WTC that instruct for 1 hour.
**We ask that anyone who is not a WTC member and/or ACA member to please check-in before 9:00.
To support our club and reduce insurance paperwork, the Paddling Board encourages attendees to be members of both ACA and WTC. We can assist you in completing your applications for both the American Canoe Association (ACA) and the Wilmington Trail Club (WTC) when you check-in at the first pool sessions. Non-members may attend two pool sessions without membership in these organizations but must pay associated fees — on the third session, participants will be asked to join both organizations.
- The WTC club directory will be used to verify membership. Please check the club directory to be sure your name is listed. If you are a member and are not listed, please contact the pool coordinator prior to attending a session.
- ACA member number must be provided at first-time sign-in.