Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Bill Johnston

January 2021 President’s Message

Unfortunately, COVID is still impacting the WTC events. There are 2 vaccines in distribution, but the vaccination process is starting slowly. Please continue to be safe in your personal and club activities.

I would like to pass on several decisions voted at the Council meeting on January 11, 2021.
      1. The End to End scheduled for April 10, 2021 is cancelled due to COVID.
      2. The April 24, 2021 Annual Meeting at Ed Oliver’s is cancelled. We will attempt to combine the Annual Meeting with the WTC Picnic on October 10, 2021 at Lums Pond. The 2020 PowerPoint summary of club activity will be published on the website in April.
      3. Member street addresses will be removed from the website rosters to enhance our member security. The street addresses may be requested by the club’s officers for official club business.

The Council is going to try offering a new social program for the club. We will schedule Zoom meetings that will offer an interactive platform for our members. It will provide an open, informal opportunity to socialize, discuss questions, concerns, and anxieties that presently are on the mind of so many. Watch for the Forum notices for scheduling information. I will host the first meeting.

Optimistically, we believe our events will begin to normalize this summer. With this in mind, our VP Aram Terzian is planning a “COVID-19 Coming Out” theme for the combined Annual Meeting and Picnic on October 10, 2021. Please plan to attend our “Grand Re-opening” party.

We are now in the annual membership renewal period. I encourage everyone to renew their membership so you will be in a position to enjoy all the club activities as we re-open. Again, as the optimist I believe we can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and it is not the train). You have been patient over the previous year, so please be available for your club’s future.

Volunteers run and manage WTC. As we start to exit COVID we need a Publicity Chair to build our membership. Now is the time to become Publicity Chair so you can build the program as the club returns to full operations. Contact me with your interest or questions.

Welcome to 2021
      Bill Johnston

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account