- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months, 1 week ago by Bill Johnston.
- 08/20/2021 at 8:40am #20953Bill JohnstonModerator
August President’s Message
Unfortunately, we still need to think about Covid. With the recent surge in the Delta variant, the CDC changed their guidance. To remain in compliance with the CDC:
WTC will follow CDC guidance and we request all WTC members, vaccinated and un-vaccinated, wear a mask in indoor public settings.
Please be vigilant and stay safe.
Archery deer hunting season begins in September for PA (WCCP, 9/18) and MD (Fair Hill NRMA, 9/11), and in October for DE. We will work on a list of hunting areas and dates for the calendar, but for your safety before going to the woods, especially hike leaders, check for hunting restrictions in the area you want to go. Wear orange when there is hunting.
The hikers need new coordinators for Short on Saturday and Wednesday Milers. Please step up and volunteer to coordinate these events. Contact Karyn Derman. Coordinator Duties include:
• Obtain leaders for each event and assist as needed with hike selection and write-ups.
• Post write-ups as required on the club website
• Ensure that leaders are aware of club hiking policies as per the Handbook
• Notify Vice President of first-time hike leaders so a reward can be obtained before or shortly after the hike.
The WTC Picnic will be on Sunday, October 10th. We will also have a short ‘Annual Meeting’ which will include a vote for some Constitution changes. The changes will be forwarded to the membership in early September. Please save the date. Contact Aram Terzian.
HIKE ACROSS DELAWARE (HAD)
We are planning for the Hike Across Delaware to take place on Saturday, November 6th. Please save the date. Registration is scheduled to begin in early September.
Members can subscribe or unsubscribe from receiving forum message emails, by using the following steps:
• log in
• use these menus: OVERALL>FORUMS or click on WTC Forum link in the left sidebar
• click through each forum category and then their subcategories
• click toggle on the SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE button to turn notices on or off
• please unsubscribe rather than mark the club’s emails as “spam”
• if you have any website questions, you can email the WTC Webmaster
Be safe and have fun!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.