- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Bill Johnston.
- 11/15/2021 at 6:31pm #21717Bill JohnstonModerator
2021 November President’s Message
Hike Across Delaware
The twenty-sixth annual Hike Across Delaware took place on Saturday, November 6th, 2021. It was a spectacular fall day of brilliant sunshine. 180 registered for the event. Hikers walked fifteen miles along the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal across the entire state from Chesapeake City Maryland to Delaware City, Delaware. Participants came from several states to take on the challenge and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. All were happy to find tasty, satisfying refreshments at the ten-mile marker and most were happy to rest weary legs and feet at the finish line. 31 Wilmington Trail Club volunteers shined a spotlight on the club once again demonstrating a recipe for success that includes selfless dedication and tireless teamwork. A heartfelt thanks goes out to New Castle County Executive Matthew Meyer whose office provided a community development grant to defray costs as well as to all who participated in the event!
Please mark your calendars and plan to join us for the twenty-seventh annual Hike Across Delaware scheduled for Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Save the dates for:
End To End—April 9th
Annual Meeting/Banquet—April 23rd
Hike Across Delaware—November 5th
AT Supervisor needed
Jan King graciously agreed to temporarily fill the At Supervisor role. Jan held the position for a decade, and we need a permanent replacement. If we do not have a replacement prior to January, we will have to begin working with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy to transfer our duties to another organization. Please contact me.
In October Rosa Watson completed 50 years of WTC membership, and she was awarded Emeritus Membership. Please congratulate Rosa for her dedication to WTC.
A Moment in History
Clayton Hoff was a founding member of WTC. Please read this short biography.
If you’d like to create a shortcut to the Wilmington Trail Club website, first open the home page to: wilmingtontrailclub.org. Then follow the below most common steps:
Computer using Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge
1. Resize your web browser so you can see the browser and your desktop in the same screen.
2. Click the “padlock icon” on the left of the address bar (where the URL is shown).
3. Continue to hold down the mouse button and drag the icon down to your desktop.
4. Double click to use this icon.
iPhone or iPad using Safari
1. Press the “Share” (box with arrow) icon.
2. Scroll down.
3. Press “Add to Home Screen”.
4. Click to use this icon.
Android Phone using Chrome or Firefox
1. Press the “3 dots” in upper right-hand corner.
2. Press “Add to Home screen”.
3. Click to use this icon.
If you’d like help with this or have other questions about using the WTC website, please contact Joan Burke.
Be safe and enjoy the upcoming holidays.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.