Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Gary Kirk

(This is repeat of the email sent to you earlier. It was made to up make sure you are receiving these notices.)

WTC Members,
      It appears this is my last message to you as WTC President.
      The election of Council officers by email was successfully completed! From those who voted, it was unanimously determined that our officers are:

The officers are:
      President – Bill Johnston
      Vice president – Aram Terzian (incumbent)
      Treasurer – Heike Schmidt (incumbent)
      Secretary – Peggy Bell (incumbent)

Other Council voting members are:
      AT Supervisor – Jan King
      Archivist – Joan March
      Cycling – Deb Chaga
      Environnent – David Koppeser
      Hiking – Joan Burke
      Membership – Jeanne Marie Yohe
      Paddling – Wes Young
      Past President – Gary Kirk
      Publicity –
      Safety – Chris Stranahan
      Skiing – Linda Jones
      Trail – Jim March
      Webmaster – April Schmitt

I want to thank all our volunteers who helped make the club successful the last 3+ years. Our volunteers and leaders make this club the outstanding organization it is. There are individuals I particularly want to thank:

April Schmitt, who has put in many, many hours working tirelessly to make the current website work.

Bill Hardam, who has been a great crutch with his knowledge of the club and how things should work. Bill retired as Hiking Chair after leading that position since 1994.

All the council members and others who worked behind the scenes and who made it easier to make decisions, especially with the shutdown and restart during this pandemic.

Publicity Chair: As you can see above there is an opening on the Council. Eric Salley stepped down recently as Publicity Chair. Thank you, Eric for serving in this capacity for the last several years. Until the pandemic is over, and things go back to normal, this is not an active position, but we need someone to serve on the Council in this slot and in to vote as the situation requires. With the help of others, we need someone to be ready to get the club’s name out once thing get back to normal.
      Forum Notices – Thanks to April Schmitt’s hard work, the Forum Notice system is now working properly. If you did not receive any notices recently it is recommended you check your email’s junk folder. I found a Forum email in my junk folder. I changed my email rules to accept emails from the WTC domain.
      Current activities: Things are going well during club activities. It is not easy, but masks, distancing, limited participation, and RSVP are making things work well. Please do not take things lightly. Continue to keep the most important 6 feet distancing rule in mind on all club activities.
      Once again, thank you all for helping to making this a great organization.

Truly yours,
      Gary Kirk
      Now your – WTC, Past President.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account