- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Jack Frankosky.
- 12/11/2021 at 10:49pm #21947April SchmittKeymaster
THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN FORWARDED FROM LOIS HILLMAN:
WTC Pool-Sessions 2021-2022
The pool sessions run from 8:45 until 10:45 AM
Doors open at 8:30AM. We must clear the pool area by 11:00 AM
Location is unchanged:
Fraim Center for Active Adults
–Masks are required, including on the pool deck, when not in the pool
–Proof of vaccination for ALL attendees is REQUIRED
–Proof of WTC and ACA membership is REQUIRED
Pool closure due to inclement weather will be published about 7am via Forum and Facebook.
Check in Policy
Please see the WTC Pool Coordinators on the pool deck upon arrival.
Pool sessions are on designated Sundays December through March from 8:45am to 10:45am. Check-in may begin at 8:30am. Please have all boats completely out of the pool area before 11:00am.
Please make sure your boat is clean and airbags removed before putting it in the pool. A hose IS NOT available for boat cleaning at the pool, so your boat must be clean when you arrive!! Boats that are not cleaned will not be permitted to be used in the pool. Helmets and PFD’s must be worn when in the pool.
Some club boats and equipment are available for rent but there is not any storage at the facility, so arrangements must be made in advance. Seasonal rental rates are available.
Equipment requests must be forwarded to the Equipment Manager at: no later than the Thursday prior to the pool session. Payment information will be forwarded to renters when the rental is confirmed by our equipment managers.
Membership Requirements / Fees **Please note changes
- $10 for participants – – All participants must provide proof of WTC and ACA membership. It will be the responsibility of the participant to complete these registrations in advance of attending sessions.
Paperwork (proof of vaccination and memberships)
- Paperwork, including proof of vaccination and memberships can be provided at the time of check-in or in advance (send to Pool Coordinator at: ).
- Providing paperwork in advance assists in getting you in the pool quickly
- Please send any questions to the email to the pool coordinator link.
**Please be considerate of all the volunteers, by providing in advance or coming prepared with the required documents.
- 01/31/2022 at 9:30pm #22636Jack FrankoskyParticipant
New and Returning Whitewater and Open Water Paddlers:
The pool is a great place for rolling instruction and (once you’ve made it ’round) rolling practice! More repetitions build this new skill into muscle memory. Whether it’s whitewater rapids or the middle of a bay, a roll beats a swim. The pool is also a great place to begin learning a few basic strokes.
Already rolling? Not an instructor or a student? Maybe you’re trying a different boat; the pool is a better place than a put in to confirm its outfitting works for you and make necessary adjustments. Renting the pool is an investment in building and maintaining skill sets in our WTC Paddling Community.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.