• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by John Paulson.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      David Sibley
      Participant

Class Name: Returning to Whitewater
      Dates: 7/10 and 7/11/21
      Location: Lehigh River, sections to be determined. At least one day is anticipated on the Upper Lehigh whitewater section(s).
      Enrollment limit: eight students
      Course Description: This course is intended for students who have had Whitewater training and want to dust off their skills and build more. The overall goal is to build confidence and have fun on class II – III water.
      Prerequisite skills for the class: completion of WTC Novice Whitewater training or equivalent. Contact me if you have questions about your participation.
      Gear needed: Full whitewater gear and seasonally appropriate layering. Some gear rentals are available through the club at $25 per weekend.
      Notes: this is a two-day class. Lodging and food is on your own in the general area of Lehighton to Whitehaven. We have used Canalside Inn in the past; if there is availability you can get a room, a bunk room, or pitch your tent. Canalside Inn: 484-629-9736.
      Instructors and Assistants are needed for this class – contact me please.
      Requirements: COVID protocols will be in place. All WTC trainings require complete vaccination of participants, assistants and instructors. You must be a WTC member ($18 per year) WTC MEMBERSHIP – Wilmington Trail Club. It would be very helpful if you also join the ACA, American Canoe Association ($30 per year for WTC members). ACA | Canoe – Kayak – SUP – Raft – Rescue (americancanoe.org). If you are not an ACA member you will need to pay a $10 ACA insurance fee for this and any other training you take with us. If you join the ACA, save your ACA annual waiver to PDF.
      Course tuition: $40 for the two-day program. Additional costs as above: $25 for gear rental if needed; WTC membership at $18; optional ACA membership at $30; or ACA event fee $10.
      NB: WTC instructor Jack Lewnard is offering a course on the same weekend, which is intended for people who want to start on less challenging water. Watch for that post if you are interested.
      Sign-up: details will be provided as to how/when to pay for this class. If you want to sign up or if you have questions, email me at dcsibleyATcomcast.net. Please express your boundless enthusiasm here, but this is not a sign-up thread.

John Paulson
      Participant

Dave, This is just what I need to confidently return to WW after the past year’s absence. I’d like to attend. Please LMK about payment options and I am an ACA member Membership# – 55554715. Many thanks for offering this course. John Paulson

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account