Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bill Johnston

Appalachian Trail Supervisor Position

We are looking for a volunteer to assume the duties of the Appalachian Trail Supervisor for WTC. In short, this position is a WTC Council position responsible for maintaining the WTC section of the AT and interfacing with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy.

The WTC section of the AT is 7 miles long near the Delaware Water Gap in Pennsylvania. There is a shelter, privy, and bulletin board on the section. Club members volunteer to help with any maintenance tasks so this is not an individual effort on the trail. Normally maintenance trips are only a couple times a year.

Jan King was the AT Supervisor for many years and can answer any questions and provide details about the position.

WTC is one of only 31 maintaining clubs for the longest continually maintained foot path in the world. It is a unit of the National Park Service and WTC is a respected partner. We meet NPS staff and other local trail maintaining clubs at regional meetings twice a year, which makes WTC known to a wider community, more than just to our local community.

Please consider volunteering for this important WTC position.

Bill Johnston
      President

Sally Miller
      Participant

I am new to WTC. I have not been on any hikes yet because I have been spending most of my time at our Poconos home near Jim Thorpe. I saw the request for an AT trail supervisor at Delaware Water Gap. I am familiar with that area and am interested in the volunteer position.

Thank you.
      Sally Miller

302 897 7553

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account