- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by Bob Strahorn.
- 09/01/2019 at 6:25pm #15126Bob StrahornParticipant
I will lead a paddle Sunday, October 8, on the Bohemia River. The meeting time is 10:00 am for launching by 10:30.
The put-in is on Rt. 213 5 1/2 miles south of Chesapeake City, MD. The put in is a small parking lot on the right just before crossing over the bridge as you drive south You may park on the grass if necessary. When you pull in please park perpendicular to the fence line to allow for more parking. There is a carry of 100 yards to the small sand beach put in. There is no shuttle.
We will paddle across the Bohemia and up Scotchman Creek as far as possible. Then return to the Bohemia for lunch on a sandy beach just down the Bohemia from the put-in. After lunch we will paddle up the Bohemia.
Bring lunch, water, and sunscreen. There is no porta-potty at the put-in or where we stop for lunch. The creek is well protected but crossing the Bohemia can be more difficult if the wind picks up. A boat of 12 feet or longer would be better for the open water on the Bohemia.
Please respond to Bob Strahorn by email:
• If you are coming (include you cell phone number)
• If you need equipment (boat, paddle, pfd)
• With any questions
GPS Coordinates: 39.46358 -75.86847
GPS Address: 3880 Augustine Herman Hwy, Chesapeake City, MD
- 09/01/2019 at 8:57pm #15129Bob StrahornParticipant
Oops. That is Sunday, SEPTEMBER 8.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.