- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Bill Johnston.
- 10/14/2021 at 9:20am #21349Bill JohnstonModerator
2021 October President’s Message
On October 10th WTC held our Annual Picnic and Annual Meeting—our “Grand Opening” after 2 years. 92 members attended (a picnic record) and had a grand time. Food was abundant and excellent, the renewed and new friendships are priceless, and the weather held off for a fine day. Prior to the picnic, WTC had 2 hikes, a bike ride, and a paddle for our members. During the short Annual Meeting, volunteers from the last 2 years were recognized and the revised Constitution was approved unanimously. Members and businesses provided over 20 items for the auction. Please thank the following businesses for their WTC support when you visit them: REI, Trail Creek Outfitters (see the website for the TCO 10% discount), Philadelphia Runner, Trader Joe’s, Henry’s Bike Shop, and Wooden Wheels Bike Shop. In addition, Delaware State Senator and President Pro Tempore David Sokola donated a Honey and Tea basket for the raffle. Thank you to all the members that attended the “Grand Opening”.
Hike Across Delaware
Registration for the November 6th Hike Across Delaware, HAD, is currently open. Registration closes on October 27th, so sign-up before you forget. The last club wide event was the HAD in 2019, 2 years ago. On October 12th we have 111 hikers registered.
The Forums are slightly different than the old website, and you should be aware of some specifics.
1. The author will not receive an email of their Forum post.
2. Replies to a Forum post will only go to the previous author—it is not sent to the subscribers of the Forum.
3. If you want everyone to see a Forum post, generate a new one, do not use reply.
4. Forums are great for disseminating information on a club subject but are not available for group chatting or conversing.
The Covid Delta variant is still active and infecting individuals. Please be cautious and keep yourself safe.
Be safe and enjoy the Fall weather.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.