- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Bill Johnston.
- 11/19/2020 at 1:40pm #19230Bill JohnstonModerator
The COVID Pandemic is exploding and will probably get worse through the holidays as individuals travel for the festivities. As a club, we must be pro-active to protect our members and ourselves.
Maryland and Pennsylvania have new travel rules. They are similar and basically state that residents and guests must have a COVID test within 72 hours of returning to or visiting their state or quarantine. Additionally, Pennsylvania requires a mask at all times outside your home.
What does this mean for WTC?
1) Our events cannot go out of state!
2) Our members cannot cross state lines to attend events!
To conduct WTC events, effective immediately, the following new rules must be adhered to:
1) Delaware event locations shall only be attended by Delaware residents.
2) Maryland event locations shall only be attended by Maryland residents.
3) Pennsylvania event locations shall only be attended by Pennsylvania residents. Additionally, masks must be worn at all times on the event.
4) All current rules remain in place. https://wilmingtontrailclub.org/about-wtc/wtc-documents/wtc-pandemic-safety/
5) I highly recommend you follow the PA mask rule on all our events.
The USA is in a major crisis with this virus. By definition, that means WTC is in a major crisis! The alternative to the above rules is to shut down, so please adhere to the rules and protect each other.
On the upbeat side, there are 2 vaccines close to distribution. Hopefully, there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.