- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by Bill Johnston.
- 03/20/2021 at 7:20am #19890Bill JohnstonModerator
March arrived like a lamb—let’s hope it does not go out like a lion. The spring-like weather was certainly appreciated by me.
Here are a few items from the March Council meeting:
1. The dog policy for hikes was updated. Here is the new policy: “Any hiker interested in bringing a dog on a hike must first contact the hike leader. The leader will decide if dogs are permitted and how many. Dogs must be on a leash, be licensed, and kept at the back of the group – local laws must observed.”
2. We are still planning to conduct the Picnic on October 10th. We also plan to have an Annual Meeting as part of the Picnic.
3. Next month our Past President, Gary Kirk, will conduct an email vote for the club Officers. The current Officers have agreed to continue next year.
4. The Council approved updates to the Constitution. The changes will be disseminated to the membership prior to the Annual Meeting/Picnic in October for discussion and vote by the membership.
5. Aram Terzian, our VP, will begin distributing 2020 leader awards in April.
We conducted 2 Social Zoom events which generated interesting conversations. When April returns from her family visit we will schedule another event, so watch for the Forum notice so you can attend.
The pandemic appears to be slowly improving. The infection rate is decreasing and the vaccination rate is increasing. We now have 3 vaccines in circulation and I know the club has some fully-vaccinated members. The CDC considers full vaccination 2 weeks after the final shot.
The WTC COVID committee had a Zoom meeting on March 19th. We want to begin opening our events as the situation allows, but the guidance we are seeing indicates little will change before the July/August timeframe. We will regularly review the pandemic information and make club adjustments when possible.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.