- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Robert Fries.
- 04/08/2022 at 10:58am #23059Dave DebskiParticipant
Anybody interested in a forming a “Spot club” (personal locator beacon) ? We all pitch in, device and subscription, and share when needed. About $150 for device, $120/year subscription.
I’m only that remote couple times/year and too frugal…. We get 10 people and that’s a bargain.
I’ll buy and administer.
- 04/08/2022 at 11:40am #23060Robert FriesParticipant
I have a Garmin InReach Mini (I realize that’s different from the Spot)
Based on my experience with that device, I will say that it could get difficult programming / changing the default contacts and preprogrammed messages for 10 different people each time the “club” passes it around.
Just something to think about .
- 04/08/2022 at 12:00pm #23061Dave DebskiParticipant
It’s not bad – I just did this morning for a borrowed Spot from a buddy.
- 04/08/2022 at 12:52pm #23062Robert FriesParticipant
Ahh – that’s good to hear!
It’s a great idea for a group of people who don’t need it too often for sure.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.