Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Linda Jones
      Participant

Although we are not planning trips as a club this season, I wanted to share some news about the areas where we ski in case you are interested in venturing up on your own.
      Osceola Tug Hill Cross Country Ski Center (Hugh’s place): Offers skiing only on the south side (side with the lodge) – good for a half-day ski. The lodge is available for bathrooms, check-in, and purchases (including snacks). However, you cannot eat or sit in the lodge. They have a fire pit outside on weekends. There are new owners of the land/trails and they are maintaining it. Fees are reduced this year to $15. Hugh still owns the “Red Camp” rental across the street and the lodge. Hugh is also selling skis but has had difficulties getting orders in. If you hope to make a purchase, call first to see what he has.
      Osceola Ski & Sport: This is 1.3 miles up the road from Hugh’s. It has a lovely, large lodge. You can use the lodge for eating/sitting, but only at 50% capacity, so it might not be feasible on a busy weekend. They also have fire pits. The lodge has some hot food for sale and beer on tap. Trails are very nice and well groomed. The trails include what used to be Hugh’s north side, so this is good for a full-day of skiing. Fee is $20.
      Winona State Forest: Is being maintained.
      BREIA: The Great Trail (accessed through Egypt Road) is no longer available (I do not know why), but they have added Potato Hill area. We skied Jackson Hill area, although it was not completely groomed (weekday); the Canal was also not groomed, but I believe they planned to groom that before the weekend. Warming huts are not open.
      Highland Forest: The lodge is not open at all, so no rentals. Porta-Potties are available. Trail fee has been reduced to $10.
      Lodging: 1880 House is closed for the season. Double Eagle and Victorian B&B are now available only through AirBnB. (AirBnBs that include a kitchen are a nice option if you want to avoid restaurants.)
      I hope you’ve had a chance to get out in the snow. I am optimistic that we’ll be planning club trips for 2022! (One last reminder: Val David will no longer be offered as a club trip unless someone steps up to be the leader.)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account