- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Dave Koppeser.
- 05/24/2021 at 2:04pm #20324Dave KoppeserParticipant
This repeats a previous message but a final push is needed from you to help with funding.
White Clay Creek SP is one of our largest venues, and we have supported education of young students at their Nature Center through scholarship donations. We have also supported funding of Nature Center renewal in our participation in the The Citizens Advisory Council of White Clay Creek State Park. Please add your voice to this effort by contacting Michael Ramone or your local State representative before the Bond Bill hearing on May 5 to urge funding of the Nature Center
The Nature Center has many deficiencies , including:
– lack of meeting space and shelter for students
– access road is subject to bridge washouts
– washrooms need upgrades
– lack of proper handicap access
– poor staff facilities including internet and phone
– lack of storage
– over 4,000 young students annually
– hundreds of summer camp participants
– 4 staff offices
– various historic elements
– ZERO in governor’s proposed budget versus $300,000 needed to commence a restoration program.
See also the Friends website
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.