- This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Dave Debski.
- 02/07/2022 at 2:56pm #22685Dave DebskiParticipant
Hope OK to post here. Looking at doing Grand Canyon Rim-to-river-to-rim hike on April 15, 16, or 17. South Rim down and back.
One day. Have car and lodging.
If anyone’s interested, email me, company welcome.
- 02/07/2022 at 5:04pm #22686
- 02/07/2022 at 8:49pm #22687
- 02/08/2022 at 12:54pm #22689
- 02/08/2022 at 3:32pm #22696Dave DebskiParticipant
South Kaibab trail on South Rim, to River and Phantom Ranch, then back up Bright Angel trail on South Rim. All one day. Believe just under 20 miles, like 5,000 elevation gain. I’m 61, decent shape, looking at early start, slow/moderate pace.
- 02/08/2022 at 8:44pm #22698Antigone GoetzParticipant
I admire a challenge, but cannot meet this one.
- 02/09/2022 at 1:55pm #22701Karen BacotParticipant
Wondering why you don’t want to take more time to enjoy.
- 02/09/2022 at 2:23pm #22702Dave DebskiParticipant
Accommodations Phantom Ranch at the bottom are booked out year in advance and by lottery.
There’s 13 hours of daylight – plan to “use all of it” – plus start hour before sunrise.
So that’s 1.4 miles per hour (40 minutes/mile) – with only a day pack.
Let’s go !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.