Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bill Johnston

I received a well-earned recognition letter from the Mason-Dixon Trail System for Gary Kirk. I wanted to pass this on to the membership.
      Thank you Gary and Congratulations.

MASON-DIXON TRAIL SYSTEM, Inc.

Dear Gary,

On behalf of the Mason-Dixon Trail System, I am writing a letter to thank you and recognize the benefit of your many hours of trail work to the Mason-Dixon Trail. The Mason-Dixon Trail passes through many different land holdings on its 200-mile long course from its western terminus at Whiskey Springs on the Appalachian Trail, in Cumberland County, PA and to its eastern terminus at Chadds Ford, PA on the banks of the Brandywine River. Your efforts to keep up the trail and to organize numerous other local volunteers has ensured that the part of the trail that passes through Newark, Delaware, and nearby parts of the White Clay Creek Preserve in Pennsylvania are well maintained for the enjoyment of the many hikers in your area.

The continuing existence of the M-DTS as a regional long-distance trail benefits, in so many areas, from the hard work of local hiking clubs (like the Wilmington Trail Club), park friends organizations, and government parks staff. Your friends in the M-DTS sincerely appreciate your efforts, and the efforts of your fellow volunteers. Please accept our appreciation and pass our thanks on to all of those who work with you.

Sincerely,
      Timothy Schmidt
      President
      Mason-Dixon Trail System, Inc.

Robert Reiser
      Participant

Can you hike part of the Mason-Dixon trail (out and back) starting at the Chads Ford terminus? Where is the trail head, and is there parking? Can you access it from the Brandywine River Museum?
      Thanks, Bob Reiser

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account