Tagged: hiking cycling
- 11/18/2019 at 4:16 pm #16163Dave KoppeserModerator
Delaware Greenways is 30 years old! We want to celebrate with our community and program partners at our Gobble on the Greenway, Saturday, November 23rd! The event will feature a bike ride and guided walk along the Northern Delaware Greenway Trail (details and registration info below), and other fun activities, vendors, Outlandish Food Truck and beverages! Come out and help us celebrate 30 years of trail and byway advocacy!
Free Parking: Adjacent to Delaware Greenways headquarters (follow signs for parking in Nemours lot).
Rain Date: Sunday, November 24th
We’re looking for volunteers to help support the walk and bike ride. Volunteer here: https://delawaregreenways.org/support/volunteer/
BIKE RIDE DETAILS:
· Start Time: 9am
· Registration: $25 (space is limited so early registration suggested. Register Today on Bike Reg!
o Children 14 and under, registration is free
· Route: Northern Delaware Greenway Trail (Start/Finish: Rockland Road to Cauffiel House – out and back)
· Distance: 10 Miles
· Perks: Tickets for 2 Dogfish Head beers included in registration fee
· Other Details
o Helmets required
o Family-friendly recreational ride on car-free paved pathway (with road crossings)
o Share the trail with other users (joggers and walkers)
BIKE REGISTRATION: – https://www.bikereg.com/44874/Gobble-on-the-Greenway-Wilmington-DE)
· Start Time: 10am (approximately 2 hrs round trip)
· Registration: Free! But Pre-registration is required. https://delawaregreenways.org/event/gobbleongreenway/#walkreg
· Where: Northern Delaware Greenway Trail (Rockland Road to the rock climbing wall in Alapocas Run State Park)
· Distance: 3 Miles Round Trip
· Other Details
o Explore the trail with a Park Naturalist or go at your own pace!
o Pets are welcome and must be on a leash
o Moderate hike difficulty – trail has some steep inclines
WALK REGISTRATION: https://delawaregreenways.org/event/gobbleongreenway/#walkreg
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.