Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Karyn Derman
      Participant

Based on the forecast of a snowstorm with 5-7 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow (100%) and my observation of trails I scouted today, I have decided to cancel tomorrow’s hike from Paper Mill Park. I scouted the hike today and all of the trails, including some paved trails, are extremely icy (the warm weather yesterday afternoon created slush which froze overnight).
      They are almost impossible to walk on making hiking extremely dangerous. Also, I feel that trying to walk on new snow on top of ice is extremely dangerous and, in the interest of safety and not having anymore serious falls and/or injuries, I have decided it best to not hike tomorrow. I still want to lead this one but will do it in a few months when conditions are more favorable.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2022 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account