Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Louise Young
      Keymaster

This year the site for our annual camping / kayaking trip is at Assateague Island State Park (hot showers), on the weekend of October 11-13. Plan is to camp in Loops F and H . You are responsible for booking your own campsite, either in the park or surrounding areas (National park, Frontier town, etc).

Reservations for the campground will require you to use the online reservation system that the Maryland state park system uses. You will need to pay additional fees per car to enter the Assateague Island National Seashore, if we choose to paddle there. If you have a National park pass, please plan to bring it with you.

The plan is to gather at Loop F on Friday afternoon for an easy early evening or late afternoon paddle, followed by a Saturday paddle on the open tidal waters of Sinepuxent Bay. An ad hoc shorter paddle will happen on Sunday based on paddlers interest (capped by lunch at Evo on the way back).

The best boat would be a 14′ or longer vessel that is able to track well. A spray skirt is highly recommended as we do encounter chop. The bay is prone to wind, so you need to feel comfortable under these conditions. Please remember that this is coastal paddling in October; you need to be prepared for both warm and cool air/water temperatures.

In case of scary high winds, we will shift the paddle to inland venues in the area (Ayers creek, Pocomoke, Trap pond, etc.)

Please contact Kalindi (kalindi2 at gmail dot com) or Christina (Christina_older at Hotmail dot com) if you are interested in joining us by responding on the forum or emailing us.

Currently, we have the following people attending and the corresponding campsite/occupancy.

Hxxx: Julia

Hyyy: Kristin +1

F152: Christina, Kalindi, Bob, Luana

F153: Kathleen, Theresa

F154: Wes, Louise, Margaret (space for one tent/no car available)

F155: Aram (space available)

F156: Rob, Russ, Chris

Please let us know if you are planning on attending and your camping arrangements/site.

Kristin Schrag
      Participant

I’ll be in H243! Can’t wait to see you all!

Julia Dooley
      Participant

and I have H214 🙂

Debra Chiczewski
      Participant

I’ll be staying at C61. It was the only site I could get.

Debbie Chiczewski

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 Wilmington Trail Club | Assumed Responsibilities | Terms of Use | User Privacy | Designed & created by Schmittworks using WordPress, all rights reserved

WANT MEMBER LOGIN HELP?

Please fill out this form and we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for your patience! ~Cyndi Amon & the WTC Membership Committee

Sending
Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account