TIME: 12:00am (prompt start, estimated end)
July 29th – Attainment and River Reading
– Instructor – Susan Wentz
Proposed section – tbd (Susquehanna River – Dauphin Narrows or Delaware River – Wing Dam)
**This course is dependent upon river conditions and may be modified as needed to achieve optimal outcomes of the day.
Maximum of 5 students
Course Goals: Come on out for a day of river attainment. You will learn to read water and learn the best way to pick you way up the rapid. You will learn about different types of eddies and how to use them. This is a park and play area with surf spots and plenty of other things to do. Spent 2-4 hours or more playing and learning to hone your river reading skills. Group and/or individual instruction will be provide based on need. Stay as long as you want to practice the skills you learn. Low water is required for this course to make attainment easy for all size boats.
*Prerequisite Skills: Paddlers that participated in previous WTC WW training programs.(or equivalent at instructor discretion). Reliable roll and/or solid self-rescue skills
Weather dependent gear is required.
Course Fee: $20 WTC and ACA membership required
Details of the day will follow once enrollment is confirmed
_Location To Be Determined
This location choice can be used for events until the actual location is known.
- WW Trip - Lehigh River - 06/10/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Trip - Stonycreek – June 17-18 - 06/17/2023 - 06/18/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayaking Intermediate Training - July 15 - 07/15/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Intermediate Training - July 29 - 07/29/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Intermediate Training - July 30 - 07/30/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Trip - Lehigh River - 8/5 - 08/05/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Trip - Lehigh River - 08/12/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Trip - Lehigh River - August 19 - 08/19/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Trip - Lehigh River - August 26 - 08/26/2023 - 12:00am
EVENT CANCELED: No