DESCRIPTION: (Wear appropriate clothing & bring water! Below are some special instructions: what to bring, relative difficulties, interesting features, & carpooling directions.)
What: Swiftwater Rescue Part 1 (The second half of the course will be scheduled shortly.)
When: Saturday June 29th (date may change based on interest)
Time: 9 to 5 (7-9 hour course)
Where: Location will give at time of sign up. email me at sgwentz54 at aol dot com.
Cost of the Class is $20 per person
How: Sign up for the class you must pay through the pay pal system and this will reserve your spot. If you have a PayPal account send the money to . If you don’t not have a PayPal account you will need to set up an account in order to pay for the course.
Swiftwater Rescue Part 1 – This will be a one day class to review land based skills. I will go over Rescue Philosophy ropes and knots, Anchors, Stabilization, Cinch and Snag Lines. We will spend the first half of the day reviewing the topics below. The second half of the day will hands on setting up the things we went over. Learn what to do now before an incident may occur. Practice and be comfortable with your skills.
• Promote proactive prevention of river accidents and injuries.
• Develop and practice key self-rescue skills.
• Identify and avoid river hazards by understanding hydrology, hazards, and river features.
• Focus on fast, low-risk strategies for early management of river accidents
• Gain experience using the rescue PFD, and understand its strengths and weaknesses
• Utilize rescue scene management principles needed within a paddling group
Minimum personal equipment for class: PFD designed for whitewater use, whitewater helmet, protective footwear, paddle, whistle, throw rope, 15+ feet of one inch tubular nylon webbing, 2 locking carabiners (I have extra carabiners), and 2 prusick loops. If you need tubular webbing or Prusick rope there will be an additional cost of $10