TIME: 9:30am - 3:30pm (prompt start, estimated end)
Eastern Neck is an island in Maryland that lies at the confluence of the Chester River and the Chesapeake Bay. It is a NWMA south of the fishing town of Rock Hall. There are two possible paddles here. The open water paddle is 9 miles around the island and there will be an opportunity to stop on a beach on the bay to have lunch. A boat that is able to handle open water and a spray skirt is strongly advised. Good paddling skills and strength are also highly recommended. You must be able to stay with the group.
If winds are an issue, or if paddlers are better suited for the “gentler” waters of the Chester River side, then there are plenty of inlets and beaches for us to explore as well.
We will launch at 9:30 am at Bogle’s wharf, which is the boat launch on the island. From northern Delaware take US 301 from Middletown south into Maryland and exit onto Rt. 291 to Chestertown. Follow it as it becomes Rt. 20 and take this into Rock Hall. Head south out of town (Rt 445) following signs for Eastern Neck NWR. GPS coordinates are 39.03332N, 76.21668W
There is no shuttle and there are port-a-potties. During the summer, there are pernicious black flies. Bring bug spray and wear long sleeves and long pants. A head net might be handy as well.
Bring lunch, water, and sun protection. As always, PFDs must be worn.
_Location To Be Determined
This location choice can be used for events until the actual location is known.
- WW Trip - Lehigh River - 06/10/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Trip - Stonycreek – June 17-18 - 06/17/2023 - 06/18/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayaking Intermediate Training - July 15 - 07/15/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Intermediate Training - July 29 - 07/29/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Intermediate Training - July 30 - 07/30/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Trip - Lehigh River - 8/5 - 08/05/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Trip - Lehigh River - 08/12/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Trip - Lehigh River - August 19 - 08/19/2023 - 12:00am
- WW Kayak Trip - Lehigh River - August 26 - 08/26/2023 - 12:00am
PARTICIPANT COUNT: 6
EVENT CANCELED: No