To be able to view all of the member’s only content of the website. Specifically, to take full advantage of the club’s resources and do key things such as: renew membership, subscribe/unsubscribe/participate in forums, view leader information, and view/print events bulletin or member directory.
1. Go to the home page of the website (wilmingtontrailclub.
2. Click on “Lost Password”. This is in blue type below the username and password.
3. On the next screen, click on “Lost your password?” on the next-to-bottom line. This turns blue when you hover on it before clicking
4. On the next screen, enter your e-mail address
5. Click on “Get Password”. This gives a message: “Check your email for the confirmation link.”
6. Look in your e-mail. There should be an e-mail from Wilmington Trail Club showing your username. Click on the link (in blue) at the bottom of the email. Check your spam folder if it does not appear within 15 minutes.
7. Clear the new password box and enter the password you want.
8. Click on “Reset Password”.
9. The next screen says “Your password has been reset.” Click on “Log in” (in blue right after the message.
10. On the next screen, type in your username (usernames were not transfered from the previous website. They are now: “firstname.lastname”) or e-mail address and your new password
- How do I get back to the Home Page? …you can always click on the colorful WTC Icon in the upper left hand corner.
- How do I go back pages that I’ve recently viewed? …use your browser’s back button.
Logically the larger your device is, the easier it is to view and navigate websites. However, this website is “responsive”, meaning it attempts to best fit to most devices. It also appears that newer devices are more responsive.
On a smart phone, you should expect to see 3 bars or dots near the top, click to expand access to all of the Menus and Site Search field. The menus include all of the information about the club. Please browse when you have time.
The welcoming Home Page is the first full screen.
Then scroll down for the left sidebar shortcut items. These sidebar items contain the Login / Logout and several other helpful links.
Scroll down further for the right sidebar shortcut items, like Future Events section. The full sized and mini Calendars, Next list and Bulletin …can be quickly accessed from here.
Furthest down you’ll see Recent Forum Posts and Footer links.
On the Home page, click on the “Forums: WTC” link in the left sidebar, near the top. Click the tab for the Forum you want to view. Click the blue “Subscribe” link. It will then show, “Unsubscribe.”
On the Home Page, click on your name (upper left), then Forums and then Subscribed Topics (found under the word Forum). Now you can unsubscribe by clicking on the – symbol opposite each one you do not want. Please keep Overall Alerts and Overall News. In the unlikely event that you wish to Unsubscribe from all forums, please contact the WTC Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the moment, it’s 21 pages long, maybe 50% longer than the previous Bulletin. The reason it’s that long is that it includes all WTC categories of events – hiking, paddling, cycling, skiing, etc. Also, everything that has been input on the calendar from the current day and forward is included.
Go to wilmingtontrailclub.org and login; you must be logged in to be able to see the bulletin.
- Just above the calendar on the upper right hand corner of the home page, click the blue letters that say, “Bulletin.”
- In the upper right hand corner, click the gray box that says, “Print This Post.”
- Then you can use your printer’s settings to make it 2-sided, or print only selected pages if you wish.
Go to wilmingtontrailclub.org and login; you must be logged in to be able to see club documents.
- On the main horizontal menu, hover over OVERALL then click on DOCUMENTS. All of the club RELEASES are listed there.
- There’s also a shortcut link in the left sidebar.
- In the RELEASES list, click on the one you want, it will open in your browser
- To print, use your browser’s print menu
1st force the browser to refresh and reload:
- Generally use a general page reload button …or specifically:
- Google Chrome on Mac: Command + Shift + R
- Google Chrome on Windows & Linux: CTRL + F5
- Firefox on Mac: Command + Shift + R
- Firefox on Windows & Linux: CTRL + F5
- Safari: Command + Option + R
- Opera on Mac: Command + Alt + R
- Opera on Windows: Shift + F5
If that doesn’t work you can force the browser to clear cache:
- Clearing browser cache in Chrome
- Clearing browser cache in Firefox
- Clearing browser cache in IE
- Clearing browser cache in Edge
- Clearing browser cache in Safari
- Clearing browser cache in Opera
~from a “wpbeginner “article: “How to Clear Your Browser Cache in All Major Browsers“.