Cross-country ski/snowshoe trips are weekend (or longer) events organized by volunteer leaders from WTC. The club offers trips mostly in New York, and one each in New Hampshire, Quebec and Pennsylvania. Travel to the location is not provided, but carpooling is encouraged. If you are interested in a trip but don’t want to drive, let the leader know and s/he will help to find you a ride. In addition to offering great exercise and enjoyment of the outdoors, trips are fun, social events with happy hour provided by the trip leader. Details regarding food, driving distance, ability level, snowshoeing options and more can be obtained from the trip leader or Linda Jones. An orientation for those new to skiing/snowshoeing will be held as needed in November/December.
NEW Process and Policies
- Individuals interested in finding out more information about a trip, or signing up for a trip must contact the trip leader directly via email.
- Details for all trips can be obtained via email request from Linda Jones.
- Reservations for XC ski/snowshoe trips will be accepted on a first-come basis on receipt of the deposit check.
- WTC members (and members’ family and significant others) have first preference.
- Non-members are placed on a waiting list with receipt of a deposit check; their reservations will not be final until two weeks before the trip.
- You must contact the leader first by email to confirm openings but your reservation will not be final until a deposit is received.
- Checks are payable to the trip leader unless otherwise instructed. The leader will let you know where to send the check and what other information may be needed.
- Refunds for cancellation will be made based on the policy of the lodge.
- The deadline for sign ups is listed with each trip.
- Updates on trips that fill up, still have openings or are cancelled, will be posted in the forum.
- If there is no snow, trips are not cancelled as it spoils our longstanding relationships with the lodges. Bring hiking boots and gear, and have an enjoyable winter hike.
- All decisions and rules established by trip leaders are final.
version: October 2018: Linda Jones