Delaware Seashore State Park paddle (Saturday April 22nd, 2017)
Meeting and Launch Site: Savages Ditch Rd (38°37'40.6"N 75°04'11.9"W) on Route 1
This is an exploratory paddle of the Delaware Seashore State Park on the sheltered Rehoboth Bay side. Savages Ditch Road is a convenient launch point and depending on the wind direction we will paddle south towards Burton Island or north through the salt marshes. The area is a good place to spot migratory birds and Ospreys. Turtles and crabs are constant companions depending on the time of year. On occasion one is graced by the presence of dolphin pods as well. Please plan to be on the water 3-4 hours.
· Meet at Savages Ditch at 10:30AM. No shuttle required.
· This is a Delaware State Park and Park pass will be required. If you do not have a park pass bring exact change for the collection box ($5 for in-state and $10 for out-of-state). Car pools may be a good idea.
· Port-a-potty restroom at launch site.
· A 12 foot or longer boat, as well as a spray skirt are highly recommended
· Please bring lunch, plenty of water and sunscreen and dress appropriately for the wind and water temperature. Weather is currently predicted to be in the lower 60s and the water temperature is in the mid 50s. Wetsuits (or paddle suits) are recommended.
Please contact via the forum or email (kalindi2 at gmail dot com) if you are planning to paddle.