Perryville to North East MD
We will be paddling the open water from Perryville Community Park across the top of the Chesapeake Bay River, rounding Carpenter's Point and then east up to the North East Community Park. This area has heavy boat traffic so the plan is to stay close to shore. Distance is about 9 miles over open water, with possibility of strong winds and chop making for a challenging paddle.
Meeting and Launch Site: We will meet at the Community Park in Perryville, Md around 9am. Please be ready to shuttle by 9:30am.
· A 14 foot or longer boat, equipped with either skeg or rudder, and a spray skirt are highly recommended
· Please bring lunch, plenty of water and sunscreen and dress appropriately for the wind and water temperature.
· Weather is currently predicted to be in the high 80s and the water temperature is 80F.
Directions to Perryville Park from Delaware:
1. Take US40 west until you reach the Perryville exit just before you cross the Susquehanna. You will turn left onto Rt.222 (Aiken Ave.) and travel south into the business area.
- Or -
2. Take I-95 west to the Perryville / Rt 222 exit. Turn left on Rt 222. Cross US 40 and continue on Rt 222 (Aiken Ave).
Then make a left on Rt.7 (Broad Street/Philadelphia Rd.) and then a right on Rt. 327 (Firestone Road). Turn right at the sign for the community park. The kayak launch is near the end of the drive.
Launch GPS Coordinates: 39.549820 -76.053204
Please contact Christina (christina_older at hotmail dot com) or Kalindi (kalindi2 at gmail dot com) via the forum or email if you are planning to paddle.